the problem? loose changes, collaboration, different versions?
solution: Version control?
First 20 minutes or so - reinforcing how Git works.
Draw diagrams of things covered so far
express language in ‘non Git’ way.
Build on first hour and make pull requests to a GitHub pages site. @davanstrien Setup before hand. site will link to some repositories useful for librarians/dh.
examples of collobarative working on GitHub links
forking a GitHub page.
Suggestion for second hour.
Use GitHub page generator to set up a GitHub page site.
* clone repo (add instructions)
* add other users (perhaps start with teams of two)
* in Groups make sure everyone tries committing - pulling changes to their computer
* demonstrate how pull requests can be discussed
* guidelines handout
* step by step
Reflecting on what GitHub could be used for in local library setting. Free time to exploring more Software Carpentry lessons and adapting forked repo with suggestions for future Library Carpentry
Helping each other out.
user contribution to collections?
- editing of resources?
- crowdsourcing - could be an issue?
- making pull requests.
- open access journals